Thursday, August 21, 2008

Chaos

Today was definitely a day where I missed having 185 lbs. around.  It started innocently enough with the kids going to school and then it was time for me to pick up Cupcake.  Soon after Snickerdoodle came home and then we ran off to pick up Caramel.  Then we ran back home and got ready for soccer practice.

That's right two practices at almost the same time.  So we piled into the car and dropped Snickerdoodle off at Park A for his practice from 4-5:30pm then Cupcake and I ran to the car wash (I keep saying I'm going to go to the handwash and never make it so it was another trip to the drive through) before dropping her off at Park B for her practice from 5:00-6:00pm.  I had just enough time to make sure that one of her friends mom's would keep an eye on her (I don't love dropping off a 7yo, but I had little choice) then I ran back to Park A to pick up Snickerdoodle (and I hoped to run into one of the mom's from HIS team to see if we could start carpooling, but I missed her).  Then we ran back over to Park B where Cupcake's practice was wrapping up.  It was crazy.  I'm hoping to get a carpool going with Snickerdoodle which will help immensely (and he practices twice a week so will save some gas as well).

It would be nice if 185 lbs. would help out with some of this, but unfortunately he's wrapped up in his own life right now.  The good news though is that he replaced my water heater which spontaneously started leaking today.  He has some redeeming qualities.

No comments: