Thursday, October 2, 2008

Plateau and a Look Back

It's been a tough couple weeks weight wise.  I've been bouncing the same 2 - 3lbs. up and down and have been having a hard time sticking with my eating plan as well.  Thankfully I was able to climb back on yesterday and have been doing pretty good today (although I did eat 1 BBQ potato chip a few minutes ago and it was so good!).  

Tuesday I took Caramel to Disneyland for the day.  We had so much fun and boy we walked a ton. Of course I made up for all the walking by eating clam chowder in a bread bowl for lunch at the pier in California Adventure and then having the yummy buffet at Storyteller's Cafe.  Amazingly I walked 29,748 steps; 5,207 of those were aerobic; burned 1048 calories, and 12.2 miles that day!!  I plan on taking Cupcake next Tuesday (Caramel had Monday and Tuesday off, so I felt a little guilty that Cupcake who LOVES Disney didn't get to go so I'm planning on taking her out of school early--Snickerdoodle isn't that big of a Disney fan).

I was looking at my Spark People account today and found out some interesting things.  I signed on to sparkpeople in January of this year, but it wasn't the right time for me.  185 lbs. and I were having problems (actually at that point we were pretty much indifferent to each other--we barely acknowledged the other person) and not long after is when he started going clubbing and signed onto the various online dating sites.  So I did the initial set up and then didn't sign on again.  So this morning I signed on to enter in some nutritional information (I was trying to find out how many calories the soup I'm making for dinner would be) and saw this:
LAST ENTRY
Weigh yourself:  193 lbs.  1/17/08  (currently 170 lbs.)
Measure your waist:  43.5"  1/17/08  (currently 39")
Measure your hips:  50"  1/17/08  (currently 44")
Measure your neck:  15"  1/17/08 (currently 13.5")

So since January I've lost 23 lbs. (of course all of those happened in the past 2.5 months), lost over 4 inches from my waist, 6 inches from my hips, and over 1 inch from my neck.  

No comments: